The Office of the Associate Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for leading the efforts to build and grow the strategic mission of Human Resources for the university system. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining an infrastructure of Human Resource professionals to partner with the leadership and employees of schools, colleges, and divisions within the university. We provide advice and counsel regarding HR matters, and strive to deliver excellent customer service to all areas while bringing discipline to the processes. We direct the operations of the Departments of Total Compensation and Wellness, Employment Service Center, Organization and Employee Development and HR Systems Support and the work performed out of the Office of the Associate Vice President.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Wellness Warriors 2015: Body Weight Workout
- January 30 2015 at 5:30 PMMort Harris Recreation and Fitness CenterNo time to come to the gym? No problem! Learn a strength routine that works the whole body by using your body weight against you. This is a Wellness Warriors sponsored event hosted by the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center. In order to participate you must be enrolled in the Wellness Warriors program. *Good for all levels of fitness* To register, please visit your acacdemica/pipeline account and sign up under Training, Seminars, Workshops (TSW). The event will be under the "Wellness Warriors" subheading.
- Creative Problem Solving
- February 5 2015 at 12:00 PMUndergraduate Library, David AdamanyCreative Problem SolvingAn emotional wellness training service from WSU’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP)Presented by Richard Sands, Ulliance Speaker Thursday, February 5, 201512:00 PM to 1:00 PMUndergraduate Library, Community Room The average 5 year old is creative 90% of the time, while the average 17 year old is creative only 10% of the time. This drops to a mere 2% by the time we are 25 years old. This course looks at why our creativity has been stifled, how to tap back into it and provides simple tools which will help turn new ideas into meaningful action. Overview Definition of Creative Problem Solving Cultivating a creative attitude Identifying and overcoming blocks to creativity Promoting Creativity at Work Discuss steps which allow and encourage employees to be more creative Encourage risk taking Adjusting and Broadening Perceptions Illustrate the benefits of looking at problems from diverse perspectives Practicing the Creative Process Getting into a creative mode Brainstorming Utilize visual tools to translate ideas into useful actions How to sign up? You can sign up for this event through Training, Seminars, Workshops (TSW) on your Academica/Pipeline. The training can be found under the “Employee Development” tab. Please note: This event is for all WSU benefit eligible employees but will count as a Wellness Warrior event where Wellness Buck points can be earned. When available, complete February’s Wellness Bucks Tally Sheet in order to receive points for your attendance.
- Lifestyle Nutrition & Your Individual Plan
- February 6 2015 at 9:00 AMAcademic/AdministrativeLearn a science-based model of lifestyle nutrition and how it can be a road map for your personal health plan. We will focus on understanding the fundamental factors that influence your experience with health and wellness. Understand the natural way of taking charge of your health, regain optimal energy, lower cholesterol, manage blood sugar, control blood pressure, lose weight, optimize digestion, and enhance the immune system. Strategies on how to apply nutrition, movement, laboratory results, and other lifestyle modifications will also be discussed. This session will be individualized, so you can initiate an effective health and nutrition plan into action. How to Prepare for Your Nutrition Session To facilitate the assessment portion of your session and make the most of your time with the Nutritionist complete some or all of the following: - List your top personal health goals (i.e. Lose weight, eat more vegetables, have more energy) - Complete "Health and Nutrition Questionnaire" (url is provided below) http://wellness.wayne.edu/pdfs/health_nutrition_questionnaire.pdf - Complete a 2-day food and beverage diary (Don't change anything you are currently doing for this exercise). Your nutrition session is designed to find answers to functional problems and help you understand your unique requirements. To your schedule your 45 minute one on one session with our Wellness Warriors Nutritiontists, Debra Cavender please see Trainings, Seminars, Workshops on pipeline/academica under the Wellness Warriors subheading. Please Note: By appointment only. For Wellness Warrior Participants only. If you need to cancel your scheduled session, please give a 48 hour notice. If a 48 hour cancellation is not provided, your Nutrition Session will be forfeited. The number of eligible services is based on your risk level. You will have the opportunity to utilize a combination of Nutrition and/or Personal Training Sessions. A Wellness Warrior at a moderate risk could choose to use their four eligible sessions by signing up for two Personal Training sessions and two Lifestyle Nutrition sessions. Contact Ulliance to learn more about your risk level and services available to you (888 699-3554)
- More Events