The Office of the Associate Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for leading the efforts to build and grow the strategic mission of Human Resources for the university system. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining an infrastructure of Human Resource professionals to partner with the leadership and employees of schools, colleges, and divisions within the university. We provide advice and counsel regarding HR matters, and strive to deliver excellent customer service to all areas while bringing discipline to the processes. We direct the operations of the Departments of Total Compensation and Wellness, Employment Service Center, Organization and Employee Development and HR Systems Support and the work performed out of the Office of the Associate Vice President.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- 2016 Wellness Warriors Annual Open Enrollment
- December 2 2015 at 8:00 AMStudent CenterEnhance your health and wellness - Join Wayne State University's Wellness Warriors Program. ENROLL THIS OCTOBER AND BE ENTERED INTO A DRAWING FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN AN IPAD. The winner of the October drawing will be announced in November. Do not miss out!CASH INCENTIVES - You will receive $75 for enrolling in the 2016 Wellness Warriors Program. You will also have the opportunity to earn an additional $175 in cash incentives throughout the year. All employees that participate in the Enrollment Screenings will receive a WSU and Wellness Warriors branded draw string bag with a Welcome Packet inside!NEXT STEPS STEP 1: Sign up for an appointment during one of the Wellness Warriors Open Enrollment sessions on Academica through Trainings, Seminars, Workshops. On TSW, sessions through November 4th are available. Stay tuned for additional time slots and locations. STEP 2: Prior to attending your Wellness Warriors Open Enrollment appointment complete the Health Risk Assessment. STEP 3: Attend your scheduled appointment where you will complete - the biometric screening. STEP 4: Everyone who completes all enrollment steps will be notified and welcomed to the 2016 program.For more information visit: http://wellness.wayne.edu/enrollment.php. "Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try" -unknownWellness Warriors Committee
- Lifestyle Nutrition and Your Individual Plan
- December 2 2015 at 9:00 AMAcademic/AdministrativeLearn a science-based model of lifestyle nutrition and how it can be a road map for your personal health plan. We will focus on understanding the fundamental factors that influence your experience with health and wellness. Understand the natural way of taking charge of your health, regain optimal energy, lower cholesterol, manage blood sugar, control blood pressure, lose weight, optimize digestion, and enhance the immune system. Strategies on how to apply nutrition, movement, laboratory results, and other lifestyle modifications will also be discussed. This session will be individualized, so you can initiate an effective health and nutrition plan into action. How to Prepare for Your Nutrition Session To facilitate the assessment portion of your session and make the most of your time with the Nutritionist complete some or all of the following: - List your top personal health goals (i.e. Lose weight, eat more vegetables, have more energy) - Complete "Health and Nutrition Questionnaire" (url is provided below) http://wellness.wayne.edu/pdfs/health_nutrition_questionnaire.pdf - Complete a 2-day food and beverage diary (Don't change anything you are currently doing for this exercise). Your nutrition session is designed to find answers to functional problems and help you understand your unique requirements. To your schedule your 45 minute one on one session with our Wellness Warriors Nutritiontists, Debra Cavender please see Trainings, Seminars, Workshops on academica under the Wellness Warriors subheading. Please Note: By appointment only. For Wellness Warrior Participants only. If you need to cancel your scheduled session, please give a 48 hour notice. If a 48 hour cancellation is not provided, your Nutrition Session will be forfeited. The number of eligible services is based on your risk level. You will have the opportunity to utilize a combination of Nutrition and/or Personal Training Sessions. A Wellness Warrior at a moderate risk could choose to use their four eligible sessions by signing up for two Personal Training sessions and two Lifestyle Nutrition sessions. Contact Ulliance to learn more about your risk level and services available to you (888 699-3554).
- University CMS training
- December 2 2015 at 1:00 PMAcademic/AdministrativeA two-hour walk through of the Wayne State Content Management System (CMS).
- More Events