The Office of the Associate Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for leading the efforts to build and grow the strategic mission of Human Resources for the university system. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining an infrastructure of Human Resource professionals to partner with the leadership and employees of schools, colleges, and divisions within the university. We provide advice and counsel regarding HR matters, and strive to deliver excellent customer service to all areas while bringing discipline to the processes. We direct the operations of the Departments of Total Compensation and Wellness, Employment Service Center, Organization and Employee Development and HR Systems Support and the work performed out of the Office of the Associate Vice President.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Lifestyle Nutrition and Your Individual Plan
- October 8 2015 at 9:00 AMUndergraduate Library, David AdamanyLearn a science-based model of lifestyle nutrition and how it can be a road map for your personal health plan. We will focus on understanding the fundamental factors that influence your experience with health and wellness. Understand the natural way of taking charge of your health, regain optimal energy, lower cholesterol, manage blood sugar, control blood pressure, lose weight, optimize digestion, and enhance the immune system. Strategies on how to apply nutrition, movement, laboratory results, and other lifestyle modifications will also be discussed. This session will be individualized, so you can initiate an effective health and nutrition plan into action. How to Prepare for Your Nutrition Session To facilitate the assessment portion of your session and make the most of your time with the Nutritionist complete some or all of the following: - List your top personal health goals (i.e. Lose weight, eat more vegetables, have more energy) - Complete "Health and Nutrition Questionnaire" (url is provided below) http://wellness.wayne.edu/pdfs/health_nutrition_questionnaire.pdf - Complete a 2-day food and beverage diary (Don't change anything you are currently doing for this exercise). Your nutrition session is designed to find answers to functional problems and help you understand your unique requirements. To your schedule your 45 minute one on one session with our Wellness Warriors Nutritiontists, Debra Cavender please see Trainings, Seminars, Workshops on academica under the Wellness Warriors subheading. Please Note: By appointment only. For Wellness Warrior Participants only. If you need to cancel your scheduled session, please give a 48 hour notice. If a 48 hour cancellation is not provided, your Nutrition Session will be forfeited. The number of eligible services is based on your risk level. You will have the opportunity to utilize a combination of Nutrition and/or Personal Training Sessions. A Wellness Warrior at a moderate risk could choose to use their four eligible sessions by signing up for two Personal Training sessions and two Lifestyle Nutrition sessions. Contact Ulliance to learn more about your risk level and services available to you (888 699-3554).
- 2015 Wellness Warriors: Hormones 101 (Part 1 of a 2 Part Series)
- October 8 2015 at 12:00 PMUndergraduate Library, David AdamanyThe 21st century presents a challenging time for healthcare providers and patients alike. It is necessary for the patient to educate themselves about treatment options and be more involved in their health care decisions. All of the systems of the body, including the nervous system, the cardiovascular system, the immune system and the circulatory system depend upon a balanced hormonal system. Hormones are chemical substances produced in the body and their role is to provide an internal communication system between cells. They have a specific job to do and regulate most body functions. The following hormones that will be discussed include; insulin, thyroid, cortisol, natural estrogens, natural progesterone, and natural testosterone. In this two part series learn accepted ways to support your hormonal system to significantly improve your health. Part 1 - Offered on two different dates and locations Wednesday, October 7, 2015 from 11:30 to 12:30 PM at Scott Hall, Room to be determined Thursday, October 8, 2015 from 12:00 to 1:00 PM at Scott Hall, Bernath Auditorium To register for this event, log into your Academica account and then click here. Earn Wellness Bucks that can later be turned in for great prizes for attending this event! Fill out the October Wellness Bucks Tally Sheet on your Blackboard acount in order to gain Wellness Bucks for yoru attendance.
- Culture and Diversity EAP Life Advisor Training
- October 8 2015 at 12:00 PMUndergraduate Library, David AdamanyThe world is rapidly changing. Be prepared to deal with challenges and maximize your potential in today's global workforce. Attend the EAP Life Advisor Training: Culture and Diversity on Thursday, October 8th, 2015 from 12:00 - 1:00 PM at the David Adamany Undergraduate Library in the Community Room. This training goes beyond compliance to look at the competitive advantages of diversity and the changing demographics of the United States. Learning Objectives: Provide employees with an understanding of diversity and its competitive advantages Define culture and the key aspects of culture Discuss ways to deal with cross-cultural conflicts Examine the changing demographics of the workforce Identify ways to support diversity in the workplace How do I register? Log into Academica and then click the following link: Schedule Online.
- More Events