The Office of the Associate Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for leading the efforts to build and grow the strategic mission of Human Resources for the university system. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining an infrastructure of Human Resource professionals to partner with the leadership and employees of schools, colleges, and divisions within the university. We provide advice and counsel regarding HR matters, and strive to deliver excellent customer service to all areas while bringing discipline to the processes. We direct the operations of the Departments of Total Compensation and Wellness, Employment Service Center, Organization and Employee Development and HR Systems Support and the work performed out of the Office of the Associate Vice President.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Wellness Warriors 2015: Hip Hop Workout
- April 2 2015 at 5:30 PMMort Harris Recreation and Fitness CenterCatch a new rhythm with this fun, high-energy class. Combination-based and open to all levels. This is a Wellness Warriors sponsored event hosted by the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center. In order to participate you must be enrolled in the Wellness Warriors program. *Good for all levels of fitness* To register, please visit your acacdemica/pipeline account and sign up under Training, Seminars, Workshops (TSW). The event will be under the "Wellness Warriors" subheading.
- Wellness Warriors 2015: Cardio Kickboxing
- April 6 2015 at 7:00 AMMort Harris Recreation and Fitness CenterA combination between cardio and boxing providing a total body workout that aims to improve strength, endurance, speed, flexilbity, coordination, and balance. This is a Wellness Warriors sponsored event hosted by the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center. In order to participate you must be enrolled in the Wellness Warriors program. *Good for all levels of fitness* To register, please visit your acacdemica/pipeline account and sign up under Training, Seminars, Workshops (TSW). The event will be under the "Wellness Warriors" subheading.
- Be Happy Be Whole! Wellness Warriors Workshop Hosted by HAP
- April 7 2015 at 12:00 PMUndergraduate Library, David AdamanyBe Happy Be Whole: What You Can Do Now To Cut Down On Stress And Build Joy This is an inspiring and informative workshop on the many opportunities we have to positively impact our health and happiness. Join the 2015 Wellness Warriors and HAP Wellness Expert, Julie Booksh on April 7th 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the Undergraduate Library, Bernath Auditorium as we... look at what we consume throughout the course of one day, and we're not just talking about food look at the many ways we can overcome obstacles to emotional freedom explore some practical tips and techniques for improving sleep quality and rest Reserve a seat at the workshop today! Log into Pipeline and then click the following linkSchedule online Learn about the speaker: Julie is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, and wellness speaker. She has a specialty in Energy Psychology and provides a holistic, forward-thinking approach to wellness. Formerly an accountant and resident of New Orleans, Julie is no stranger to change. She works with clients in finding meaning, passion, and balance. Relationships, conflict resolution, communication, stress, anxiety, sadness, and overwhelm are a few examples of the topics addressed. Julie has a natural ability to quickly connect with people. She has a gift of seeing through the chaos of everyday life and focusing on the big picture. Her client's appreciate her intuitive ability to quickly pick up on what's holding them back. She is known for her balance of compassion and direct feedback and her healing presence. Julie completed her Masters in Counseling in New Orleans at Our Lady of Holy Cross College. Her education also includes undergraduate and graduate work in Business Management and Accounting. She has been a resident of Michigan for close to five years. Julie is enjoying building a life here with her husband who is a broadcast journalist in Detroit.
- More Events