The Office of the Associate Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for leading the efforts to build and grow the strategic mission of Human Resources for the university system. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining an infrastructure of Human Resource professionals to partner with the leadership and employees of schools, colleges, and divisions within the university. We provide advice and counsel regarding HR matters, and strive to deliver excellent customer service to all areas while bringing discipline to the processes. We direct the operations of the Departments of Total Compensation and Wellness, Employment Service Center, Organization and Employee Development and HR Systems Support and the work performed out of the Office of the Associate Vice President.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Conflict Resolution
- April 20 2015 at 12:00 PMAcademic/AdministrativeConflict ResolutionA training service from our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)Presented by Kamal Webster, Ulliance Speaker Monday, April 20, 2015 | Academic and Adminstration Building, Room 3700 | 12:00 - 1:00 PMConflict is an unavoidable part of our work environment. In this training, employees learn how conflict arises, what happens during conflict, and problem solving methods that benefit both the employee and the organization. Learning Objectives: Understand sources of conflict Identify the stages of conflict Apply conflict resolution strategies Practice problem solving methods How do I register? Log into Pipeline and then click the following link Schedule online Please note: This event is for all WSU benefit eligible employees but will count as a Wellness Warrior event where Wellness Bucks can be earned. Complete April's Wellness Bucks Tally Sheet in order to receive credit for your attendance.
- Wellness Warriors 2015: On the Ball
- April 21 2015 at 7:00 AMMort Harris Recreation and Fitness CenterEnhance familiar moves with the use of stability and medicine balls. Gain strength and improve your balance thought this fun and challenging class. This is a Wellness Warriors sponsored event hosted by the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center. In order to participate you must be enrolled in the Wellness Warriors program. *Good for all levels of fitness* To register, please visit your acacdemica/pipeline account and sign up under Training, Seminars, Workshops (TSW). The event will be under the "Wellness Warriors" subheading.
- Lifestyle Nutrition & Your Individual Plan
- April 21 2015 at 9:00 AMFaculty/AdministrationLearn a science-based model of lifestyle nutrition and how it can be a road map for your personal health plan. We will focus on understanding the fundamental factors that influence your experience with health and wellness. Understand the natural way of taking charge of your health, regain optimal energy, lower cholesterol, manage blood sugar, control blood pressure, lose weight, optimize digestion, and enhance the immune system. Strategies on how to apply nutrition, movement, laboratory results, and other lifestyle modifications will also be discussed. This session will be individualized, so you can initiate an effective health and nutrition plan into action. How to Prepare for Your Nutrition Session To facilitate the assessment portion of your session and make the most of your time with the Nutritionist complete some or all of the following: - List your top personal health goals (i.e. Lose weight, eat more vegetables, have more energy) - Complete "Health and Nutrition Questionnaire" (url is provided below) http://wellness.wayne.edu/pdfs/health_nutrition_questionnaire.pdf - Complete a 2-day food and beverage diary (Don't change anything you are currently doing for this exercise). Your nutrition session is designed to find answers to functional problems and help you understand your unique requirements. To your schedule your 45 minute one on one session with our Wellness Warriors Nutritiontists, Debra Cavender please see Trainings, Seminars, Workshops on pipeline/academica under the Wellness Warriors subheading. The first appointment starts at 10:00 AM and the last one is scheduled at 1:00 PM. Please Note: By appointment only. For Wellness Warrior Participants only. If you need to cancel your scheduled session, please give a 48 hour notice. If a 48 hour cancellation is not provided, your Nutrition Session will be forfeited. The number of eligible services is based on your risk level. You will have the opportunity to utilize a combination of Nutrition and/or Personal Training Sessions. A Wellness Warrior at a moderate risk could choose to use their four eligible sessions by signing up for two Personal Training sessions and two Lifestyle Nutrition sessions. Contact Ulliance to learn more about your risk level and services available to you (888 699-3554)
- More Events