Process for Changing Your Name
- Change your name with the Social Security Administration Office.
(Find a Branch near you)
- Once you have received your new card bring it to:
Academic Administration Building
5700 Cass Ave, Suite 3638
Detroit, MI 48202
- You will be instructed to fill out a name change form.
(Name Change Form)
- You will be instructed to complete a new Employment Eligibility Certification (Form I-9) utilizing www.newi9.com.
Process for Changing Your Address
To change/update your address, please login to Academica.
- Under the WSU RESOURCES section, select Employee Resources, then select Employee Self-Service, then click the View Personal Info menu item.
- Select "Update Address(es) and Phone(s).
- Select the current Mailing address you are changing or updating.
- You need to end the current Mailing address. Enter the date your new address is going into effect in the "Until this Date" field. Then, hit the "Submit" button.
- Go back to "Update Address(es) and Phone(s). Select the "Mailing" address option from the "Type of Address to Insert" dropdown. Then, hit the "Submit" button.
- Enter the date the new address starts in the "Valid From this Date" field. Leave the "Until this Date" field blank. Fill in the rest of the address fields, and then hit "Submit."
PLEASE NOTE: For Home Address information. Using mixed case, type in the number and Street name on the first line and Apartment number, as Apt. XXX on the second line, if applicable. If no US address is available, enter the foreign address. Do not use the "#" symbol when entering an apartment. For Canadian addresses, use capital letters for the letter portions of the Zip/Postal Code.
You can verify your entries by selecting "View Address(es) and Phone(s)" again.
For assistance accessing Academica, please, contact the C&IT Help Desk at (313) 577-4778.
For assistance with updating your address, please, contact the HR Employee Resource Center at (313) 577-3000.