Are any of your employees facing the birth of a child? Care for an injured service member? Qualifying Exigency arising out of the military service of a covered family member? Adoption & foster care? Care for their own serious health condition? Care for a child, spouse or parent with serious health conditions?
They may qualify for a paid or unpaid leave under the Family Medical Leave Act of 1993, also known as FMLA.
FMLASource - FMLA Administration
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) of 1993 is a federal law which helps employees balance their work responsibilities with their family and medical needs. The Act sets national standards for employers when providing leave for such purposes.
Any time your employees are absent from work with an FMLA qualifying event:
- They should contact their Supervisor, Business Manager, or Designated Representative
- Call 1-877-GO2-FMLA (1-877-462-3652), log onto www.fmlasource.com to start their leave process.
- They will need their Access ID (e.g. zz1222)
FMLASource® is an easy and convenient way to request, track and manage family and medical leave. Either online or over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
Manager & Supervisor Tools
- Track requests
- Confirm eligibility
- Check compliance
- Verify medical certification
- Receive FMLA training
- Stay current on state and federal FMLA regulations