The Office of Total Compensation and Wellness (TCW) is responsible for designing, implementing and administering cost effective and quality driven employee benefit, wellness and compensation programs. TCW manages employee health and welfare benefits, retirement savings plans, retirement counseling, tuition assistance programs, flexible spending accounts and worksite wellness programs. TCW also manages job classification, job audits, job descriptions and other compensation related matters for represented and non represented employees. Total Compensation and Wellness strives to provide the utmost professional, responsive and customer driven services.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- 2015 Wellness Warriors: Tabata
- October 5 2015 at 7:00 AMMort Harris Recreation and Fitness CenterTabata features 20 second intervals of extreme exercise, followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated eight times. These bursts of intense work will torch calories and strengthen your entire body. This is a Wellness Warriors sponsored event hosted by the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center. In order to participate in this class, you must be enrolled in the Wellness Warriors program. *Good for all levels of fitness*To register, please visit your Academica and sign up under Training, Seminars, Workshops (TSW). The event will be under the "Wellness Warriors" subheading.
- Lifestyle Nutrition and Your Individual Plan
- October 7 2015 at 9:00 AMScott HallLearn a science-based model of lifestyle nutrition and how it can be a road map for your personal health plan. We will focus on understanding the fundamental factors that influence your experience with health and wellness. Understand the natural way of taking charge of your health, regain optimal energy, lower cholesterol, manage blood sugar, control blood pressure, lose weight, optimize digestion, and enhance the immune system. Strategies on how to apply nutrition, movement, laboratory results, and other lifestyle modifications will also be discussed. This session will be individualized, so you can initiate an effective health and nutrition plan into action. How to Prepare for Your Nutrition Session To facilitate the assessment portion of your session and make the most of your time with the Nutritionist complete some or all of the following: - List your top personal health goals (i.e. Lose weight, eat more vegetables, have more energy) - Complete "Health and Nutrition Questionnaire" (url is provided below) http://wellness.wayne.edu/pdfs/health_nutrition_questionnaire.pdf - Complete a 2-day food and beverage diary (Don't change anything you are currently doing for this exercise). Your nutrition session is designed to find answers to functional problems and help you understand your unique requirements. To your schedule your 45 minute one on one session with our Wellness Warriors Nutritiontists, Debra Cavender please see Trainings, Seminars, Workshops on academica under the Wellness Warriors subheading. Please Note: By appointment only. For Wellness Warrior Participants only. If you need to cancel your scheduled session, please give a 48 hour notice. If a 48 hour cancellation is not provided, your Nutrition Session will be forfeited. The number of eligible services is based on your risk level. You will have the opportunity to utilize a combination of Nutrition and/or Personal Training Sessions. A Wellness Warrior at a moderate risk could choose to use their four eligible sessions by signing up for two Personal Training sessions and two Lifestyle Nutrition sessions. Contact Ulliance to learn more about your risk level and services available to you (888 699-3554).
- 2015 Wellness Warriors: Hormones 101 (Part 1 of a 2 Part Series)
- October 7 2015 at 11:30 AMScott HallThe 21st century presents a challenging time for healthcare providers and patients alike. It is necessary for the patient to educate themselves about treatment options and be more involved in their health care decisions. All of the systems of the body, including the nervous system, the cardiovascular system, the immune system and the circulatory system depend upon a balanced hormonal system. Hormones are chemical substances produced in the body and their role is to provide an internal communication system between cells. They have a specific job to do and regulate most body functions. The following hormones that will be discussed include; insulin, thyroid, cortisol, natural estrogens, natural progesterone, and natural testosterone. In this two part series learn accepted ways to support your hormonal system to significantly improve your health. Part 1 - Offered on two different dates and locations Wednesday, October 7, 2015 from 11:30 to 12:30 PM at Scott Hall, Room to be determined Thursday, October 8, 2015 from 12:00 to 1:00 PM at Scott Hall, Bernath Auditorium To register for this event, log into your Academica account and then click here. Earn Wellness Bucks that can later be turned in for great prizes for attending this event! Fill out the October Wellness Bucks Tally Sheet on your Blackboard acount in order to gain Wellness Bucks for your attendance.
- More Events