Are you facing the birth of a child? Care for an injured service member? Do you have a qualifying exigency arising out of the military service of a covered family member? Adoption & foster care? Care for your own serious health condition? Care for a child, spouse or parent with serious health conditions?
FMLASource - Administration of FMLA Leave
Family Medical Leaves will be administered by FMLASource on behalf of Wayne State University.
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) of 1993 is a federal law which helps employees balance their work responsibilities with their family and medical needs. The Act sets national standards for employers when providing leave for such purposes.
Any time you are absent from work with an FMLA qualifying event:
- Contact your Supervisor, Business Manager, or Designated Representative
- Call 1-877-GO2-FMLA (1-877-462-3652), log onto www.fmlasource.com to start your leave process.
- You will need your Access ID (e.g. zz1222)
Benefits of FMLASource
FMLASource® is an easy and convenient way to request, track and manage family and medical leave. Either online or over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- Request leave
- Check eligibility for leave
- Download medical certifications
- Check the status of a leave request
- Keep track of leave time
- Learn about federal FMLA regulations
Please visit the following links for more information regarding FMLA:
APPM 3.4.5 Family and Medical Leave Act Policy (Under Review)
APPM 22.214.171.124 Family and Medical Leave Act Definitions
Your Rights Under the FMLA (Federal Posting Requirement)
Family Medical Leave Act
FMLA 101 Training