Guide for employees
Welcome back, Warrior!
We look forward to seeing you on campus soon. Much has been done to prepare for a safe, phased return of faculty and staff. We all have a role to play in a successful return, and this guide will us keep Wayne State safe for all Warriors.
Before returning to campus
Your part to keep campus safe begins before you come to Midtown.
- Talk to your supervisor: Understand how your unit is phasing team members back in and discuss when it's appropriate for you to return.
- Take the Warrior Safe training: Take the three training modules to learn more about COVID-19 and how to be Warrior Safe on campus.
- Complete the Campus Daily Screener: Beginning 48 hours before your return, complete the online screener each day before coming to campus.
- Know before you go: Before you leave, visit the Parking website to know which lots and structures are open, and the status of campus shuttles.
While on campus
While our commitment to the mission of Wayne State is stronger than ever, the ways we navigate campus and conduct our work have changed. Please be aware of the following guidelines, which have been created with safety as the first priority.
- Wear a face covering: Cloth face coverings have been ordered for each faculty and staff member; you may also bring your own from home. Face coverings must be properly secured and worn over your mouth and nose at all times while on campus.
- Maintain social distance: Keep at least six feet of physical distance with others while on campus. Follow posted in buildings and elevators, at building entrances and exits, and in parking lots and structures. All meetings should continue to be conducted virtually, even if all attendees are on campus. Plexiglass barriers will be installed where appropriate across campus.
- Refrain from sharing items and using common areas: Common areas — including lunchrooms, lounges and conference rooms — will likely be locked and off limits for the foreseeable future. Please refrain from sharing plates, utensils or other items with coworkers.
- No visitors: Non-essential visitors are not permitted on campus. Please see postings on campus and speak with your supervisor regarding procedures for vendors and deliveries.
- Keep campus clean: The Facilities team has installed hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout campus and custodial crews will regularly disinfect and clean campus buildings and surfaces. Please do your part by using the supplies provided to clean your desk and office before and after your shift. Throw away disposable face coverings in a trash can at the end of your shift; do not leave them on the ground.
- Report concerns: If you have concerns about your safety and health on campus, please be sure to report them to the appropriate office:
- Office of Research Integrity: For concerns about personal protective equipment or social distancing
- Human Resources: For concerns about their/others' returns
- Office of Equal Opportunity: For concerns about discrimination, harassment and Americans with Disabilities Act concerns
- Office of Internal Audit: For all internal affairs you do not feel comfortable reporting directly
Submit them at Wayne State's coronavirus webpage.