Guide for employees
Welcome back, Warrior!
We look forward to seeing you on campus soon. Much has been done to prepare for a safe, phased return of faculty and staff. We all have a role to play in a successful return, and this guide will us keep Wayne State safe for all Warriors.
Learning & Resources
Workshops and Seminars are available to support productivity and wellness in this time of transition and hybrid work.
Before returning to campus
Your part to keep campus safe begins before you come to Midtown.
- Talk to your supervisor: Understand how your unit is phasing team members back in and discuss when it's appropriate for you to return.
- Take the Warrior Safe training: Take the three training modules to learn more about COVID-19 and how to be Warrior Safe on campus. Updated training coming soon!
- Complete the Campus Daily Screener: Beginning 48 hours before your return, complete the online screener each day before coming to campus.
- Know before you go: Before you leave, visit the Parking website to know which lots and structures are open, and the status of campus shuttles.
While on campus
While our commitment to the mission of Wayne State is stronger than ever, the ways we navigate campus and conduct our work have changed. Please be aware of the following guidelines, which have been created with safety as the first priority.
- Face coverings: Masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated individuals when they are indoors on campus. Individuals who have not been vaccinated are still required to wear masks when inside all campus buildings, except when eating or drinking. Masks are not required for anyone — regardless of vaccination status — when outdoors.
- Maintain social distance: Keep at least six feet of physical distance with others while on campus. Follow posted signs in buildings and elevators, at building entrances and exits, and in parking lots and structures.
- Keep campus clean: The Facilities team has installed hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout campus and custodial crews will regularly disinfect and clean campus buildings and surfaces. Please do your part by using the supplies provided to clean your desk and office before and after your shift. Throw away disposable face coverings in a trash can at the end of your shift; do not leave them on the ground.
- Report concerns: If you have concerns about your safety and health on campus, please be sure to report them to the appropriate office:
- Office of Research Integrity: For concerns about personal protective equipment or social distancing
- Human Resources: For concerns about their/others' returns
- Office of Equal Opportunity: For concerns about discrimination, harassment and Americans with Disabilities Act concerns
- Office of Internal Audit: For all internal affairs you do not feel comfortable reporting directly
Submit them at Wayne State's coronavirus webpage.