Open Enrollment Instructions
To make the following changes (click to jump to):
- Change medical plans
- Enroll in a Flexible Spending Account
- Enroll if not currently enrolled
- Change vision or dental plans
- Add or terminate dependents
- Terminate coverage
To change medical plans:
Go online to Academica. Log in to Academica>Resources>Employee Resources>Employee Self-Service> Benefits and Deductions>Open Enrollment and follow these steps:
- Click 'Start Open Enrollment', then click 'Health' (here you will see your current medical plan).
- Click the name of your medical plan, then click 'Terminate Benefit'.
- Click the name of your new medical insurance plan. Please note: If you choose an HMO, you will be asked to enter your and your dependent's Physician Name and Physician Code. We suggest you have this information ready before starting online Open Enrollment.
- Click the 'My Choice' radio button, then click 'Add Choice', then click 'Next'.
- Click 'Submit' – you MUST click 'Submit', otherwise your changes WILL NOT take effect.
Please note: The online Open Enrollment process via Academica is for medical plan to medical plan changes with NO CHANGES IN COVERED DEPENDENTS. See "To add or terminate dependents" below if you need to add or terminate family members from your medical, dental or vision benefits.
Or submit the Employee Benefit Enrollment Form.
To enroll in a 2021 Flexible Spending Account:
Go online to Academica. Log in to Academica>Resources>Employee Resources>Employee Self-Service>Benefits and Deductions> Open Enrollment and follow these steps:
- Click 'Start Open Enrollment', then click 'Flexible Spending'.
- Click either 'FSA Dependent Care' or 'FSA Health Care'.
- Next, type in your annual limit (your per pay period deduction amount will be displayed in the 'Deduction Amount' box).
- Click 'Add Choice'. Your FSA Dependent Care and FSA Health Care deduction amounts and annual limit amounts will be displayed.
- Click 'Next', then 'Submit' – you MUST click 'Submit', otherwise your enrollments WILL NOT take effect.
Or submit the 2021 Flexible Spending Account Application.
The online Open Enrollment process via Academica will close end of day November 13, 2020. You will have access to process medical plan changes and Flexible Spending Account enrollments 24/7 until November 13, 2020.
To change vision or dental plans:
Submit the Employee Benefit Enrollment Form
To add or terminate dependents:
If you're only adding or terminating dependents to/from your existing medical, dental or vision benefits, submit the Life Status/Open Enrollment Change Form. When adding a dependent, the required dependent supporting documentation must also be included with your form. Please note, dependent supporting documentation is not required for terminating dependents during Open Enrollment.
To terminate coverage:
If you're terminating medical, dental and vision benefits for your entire family, submit the Life Status/Open Enrollment Change Form.
Submit Forms to:
E-mail: email@example.com. Please note: use your WSU E-mail and include "#SECURE" in the subject line to ensure your personal information is encrypted. If you're not using WSU E-mail, be sure to encrypt your message.
Mail: HR Service Center 5700 Cass Ave., Suite 3638 Detroit, MI 48202