Flu Shot Clinics
It's hard to show your Warrior spirit when you're feeling under the weather...
With flu season approaching, it's even more important to take care of yourself. As a Wayne State employee, you interact with many people across campus throughout the day. Immunizations help protect both you and those around you by preventing the spread of disease.
Getting vaccinated against the flu is in accordance with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and is for the health and safety of you, family members, colleagues, and students.
For your convenience, the Campus Health Center (CHC) will provide flu shots to all Wayne State faculty, staff, and students at over 50 flu shot clinics across campus this September through November.
Get your flu shot right here on campus!
How much does it cost?
- There is no out of pocket cost for the flu immunization for WSU employees enrolled in a WSU provided medical insurance plan. The charge will be billed to your medical insurance plan.
- If you do not have medical insurance or forget to bring your medical insurance card to your appointment, there is a $35 charge for the immunization.
What should I bring?
- A copy of the Flu Shot Consent Form
- Your medical insurance card
- Your WSU OneCard
- Your Drivers License or ID
What do I need to know?
- Please be sure to check the box on the Flu Shot Consent Form that indicates you are a "WSU Employee".
- Wear short sleeves or layers that can be easily removed. The flu shot is given in deltoid (upper arm) muscle and not all clinics will have a privacy screen if a long-sleeve shirt needs to be removed to access the upper arm.
How do I sign up?
No sign up necessary! There are multiple dates, times and locations available to accommodate your scheduling needs:
- Walk-in at one of our many faculty/staff/student clinics.
- Visit the Campus Health Center for Walk-In: Dates TBD
- Book an appointment to visit the Campus Health Center to get vaccinated by calling (313) 577-5041.
Please contact the Campus Health Center at (313) 577-5041 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Campus Health Center looks forward to seeing you soon!
5285 Anthony Wayne Dr.
Detroit, MI 48202
Located on the first floor of the northwest corner storefront at Anthony Wayne Drive and Kirby.
Mon – Fri from 9:00am to 5:30pm
After Hours Urgent Care Information