Change of Name or Address

Process for Changing Your Name

  1. Change your name with the Social Security Administration Office.
    (Find a Branch near you)
  2. E-mail the following items to Please be sure to use your WSU E-mail and include "#SECURE" in the subject line to ensure your personal information is encrypted. If you're not using your WSU e-mail, be sure to encrypt your message.
    1. Copy of new SSN card,
    2. Copy of updated an unexpired government ID, and
    3. Name Change Form
  3. OR bring/mail/fax to: 
    • Mail/Walk-in: HR Service Center, 5700 Cass Ave, Suite 3638 A/AB, Detroit, MI 48202
    • Fax: 313-577-0637
  4. Your assigned Human Resources Talent Management Coordinator will update your Form I-9 on file via the I-9 Management System.

Process for Changing Your Address

To change/update your address, please login to Academica.

  1. Under the RESOURCES section, select Employee Resources, then select Employee Self-Service, then click the View Personal Info menu item.
  2. Edit your personal details, emails, phone numbers, or addresses by clicking on the pencil icon next to the info you want to edit. Add new information by clicking the plus sign icon and Add New.
  3. Click Update when you are finished making changes.

For assistance accessing Academica, please, contact the C&IT Help Desk at (313) 577-HELP (4357).

Visit the C&IT website for more information