Frequently Asked Questions
- What is unemployment insurance?
Unemployment Insurance (UI) provides unemployment benefits, usually in the form of weekly payments, to eligible workers who become unemployed through no fault of their own, and meet certain other eligibility requirements.
- How do I file for unemployment benefits?
You may file your claim for unemployment benefits in Michigan by phone or online. To learn more, visit: https://www.michigan.gov/leo/bureaus-agencies/uia/tools/publications/steps-to-apply
- What is Wayne State's EAN number?
08 00417 000
- What should I do if I become a victim of unemployment fraud?
- Follow up with the State of Michigan fraud line at 866-500-0017
- Contact the unemployment agency at https://miwam.unemployment.state.mi.us/ClmMiWAM/_/#1
- Notify Identity Theft at https://www.identitytheft.gov/
- We also recommend that you file a police report to document the incident
The Michigan unemployment agency has also developed additional measures to protect claimants by requiring further identity verification and claim eligibility authentication. If you receive Form (UIA 6347) titled "Request for Information" and you have not applied for unemployment benefits, complete the certification portion of the form and return it to the unemployment agency as soon as possible.