2020 Open Enrollment is October 21 - November 1, 2019
2020 Benefits Open Enrollment is over!
Your benefit changes will be effective January 1, 2020.
Open Enrollment is the period each year that you may make changes to your medical, dental and vision benefits without a qualified change in your family status (a Section 125 "Life Status Change Event"). Health benefits are deducted from your check before taxes are applied (pre-tax dollars), therefore, they are subject to Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code as to how and when changes to your plan may be made. Use this once-a-year opportunity to review your health care needs and make any changes necessary! Now is also the time to enroll in a 2020 Flexible Spending Account! If you want a 2020 Flexible Spending Account you must take action.
If you do not have any changes to make to your 2020 health benefits and you do not want to enroll in a 2020 Flexible Spending Account, no action is required.
New 2020 medical, dental and vision rate deductions will start on Pay Period 26, the last paycheck of 2019. 2020 Flexible Spending Account deductions will start on Pay Period 1 of 2020, January 8, 2020.
Click a logo to learn more about the insurance plan and locate health care providers.
Click here for costs of plans: 2020 Medical, Dental and Vision Plans Biweekly Premium Rate Schedule
Open Enrollment Instructions:
To enroll if you're not currently enrolled in a benefits plan: To enroll in a medical, dental or vision plan, submit the Employee Benefit Enrollment Form and required dependent supporting documentation.
To change medical plans: Go online to Academica. Log in to Academica>Resources>Employee Resources>Employee Self-Service> Benefits and Deductions>Open Enrollment and follow these steps:
- Click 'Start Open Enrollment', then click 'Health' (here you will see your current medical plan).
- Click the name of your medical plan, then click 'Terminate Benefit'.
- Click the name of your new medical insurance plan. Please note: If you choose an HMO, you will be asked to enter your and your dependent's Physician Name and Physician Code. We suggest you have this information ready before starting online Open Enrollment.
- Click the 'My Choice' radio button, then click 'Add Choice', then click 'Next'.
- Click 'Submit' – you MUST click 'Submit', otherwise your changes WILL NOT take effect.
Or submit the Employee Benefit Enrollment Form.
Please note: The online Open Enrollment process via Academica is for medical plan to medical plan changes with NO CHANGES IN COVERED DEPENDENTS. See "To add or terminate dependents" below if you need to add or terminate family members from your medical, dental or vision benefits.
To change vision or dental plans: Submit the Employee Benefit Enrollment Form
To add or terminate dependents: If you're only adding or terminating dependents to/from your existing medical, dental or vision benefits, submit the Life Status/Open Enrollment Change Form. When adding a dependent, the required dependent supporting documentation must also be included with your form. Please note, dependent supporting documentation is not required for terminating dependents during Open Enrollment.
To terminate coverage: If you're terminating medical, dental and vision benefits for your entire family, submit the Life Status/Open Enrollment Change Form.
To enroll in a 2020 Flexible Spending Account: Go online to Academica. Log in to Academica>Resources>Employee Resources>Employee Self-Service>Benefits and Deductions> Open Enrollment and follow these steps:
- Click 'Start Open Enrollment', then click 'Flexible Spending'.
- Click either 'FSA Dependent Care' or 'FSA Health Care'.
- Next, type in your annual limit (your per pay period deduction amount will be displayed in the 'Deduction Amount' box).
- Click 'Add Choice'. Your FSA Dependent Care and FSA Health Care deduction amounts and annual limit amounts will be displayed.
- Click 'Next', then 'Submit' – you MUST click 'Submit', otherwise your enrollments WILL NOT take effect.
Or submit the 2020 Flexible Spending Account Application.
The online Open Enrollment process via Academica will close end of day November 1, 2019. You will have access to process medical plan changes and Flexible Spending Account enrollments 24/7 until November 1, 2019.
Please feel free to contact the HR Service Center at 313-577-3000 or email@example.com.
Open Enrollment Forms and Materials
Medical, Dental and Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Dependent's Supporting Documentation Requirements to enroll dependent's during Open Enrollment. Please note: supporting documentation is not required if terminating a dependent (during Open Enrollment only).
If you don't have medical insurance through the university but want to enroll in vision or dental insurance, please use these forms:
To review historical medical rates use the following link:
2020 Wellness Warrior enrollment starts